What are Mechanical anchors?
They are a type of anchor bolts which uses a force-transfer mechanism harnessed by friction and other expansion forces to join or connect different types of non-structural and structural components to concrete. Mechanical anchors can further be categorized into torque-controlled anchors and displacement controlled anchors.
Mechanical anchors secure their hold by wedging or screwing themes at the tip of the object. Mechanical anchors are a traditional method providing instant loading capacity, and it is economical too.
Benefits of mechanical anchors
- They are economical and cost-efficient than other anchors, like- chemical anchors.
- They are tough, sturdy, and almost insensitive to poorly executed installing techniques.
- Mechanical anchors can be instantly loaded.
- Some of the mechanical anchors, for example- sleeve anchors and thorough bolts, can be easily fixed in the fixture through clearance holes. This technique is advantageous over other anchors as they require relatively huge clearance holes for fixtures.
Bolt anchor FBN II
Fischer ensures that their consumers get optimum quality products and thus offer a wide range of mechanical anchors, available in different styles to suit both light-weight and heavy-weight duties.
One such product to fix heavy loads problems is the Bolt anchor FBN II.
Bolt anchor FBN II is an anchor made of steel and is a cost-effective solution to fix concrete that is not cracked. It is designed to make the bolt impressively resilient. This distinct product by Fischer comes in 38 variants.
Features of the product
- This product is suitable for push-through, stand-off, and pre-positioned installations.
- The core material used to make this bolt is steel due to which it can be used for cantilevers, outside ladders, and facade substructures.
- The two anchorage depth pushes the load-bearing capacity to the fullest, minimizing the usage of fixing points and allowing them to shift to small anchor plates.
- The product is less time-consuming and allows for flexible installation.
- The installation steps are simplistic and easy to follow due to the reduced torque slippage design. A few blows of a hammer on the bolt, and you are good to go.
- The specially designed drive-in pins shield the long thread from incurring any damage and also make sure a quick dismantling and installation of the Product Setting.
- There are 38 different variants of this product, each made to suit your different needs.
- The zinc-plated variant of this product is pliable in different circumstances. It can be used for consoles in the interior areas, fixing railings, and cable trays.
Functioning of the product
Here are a few simple steps to install this bolt anchor.
- Before installing the anchor, make sure to place a hexagonal nut in the perfect position, which is maintaining an approximate distance of 3 mm between the drive-in pin and the hexagonal nut.
- Once the appropriate torque is applied, the cone bolt is forced into an expansion clip to start expanding against the drill hole on the wall.
- The head projecting out offers full control of the entire anchoring process.
- In the case of multiple installations, using the FABS bolt and anchor tool is suitable.
Applications of the product
- The heavy-duty steel mechanical anchor is widely made use of in steel construction sites.
- Guard rails make extensive use of mechanical anchors.
- It can be used to repair and build ladders for both indoor and outdoor purposes
- It can also be used in fixing, maintaining, and building machines used in various industries.
Optimally used in construction or building of consoles, gates, and facades.